Follow by Email

#Author #Interview Liz Davis

,

How long does it take you to write a book?

It all depends on what else is going on in my life at the time that I’m busy writing a book. When I wrote my novel, Chocolate Aftertaste, I was studying, working, and doing so many other things that it took me around a year and a half or so to finish. Tangi’s Teardrops took me in total around six months to write.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

I get ideas from everywhere. I believe that there’s a story in pretty much everything. People are walking, talking books. I also take a lot of ideas from life and experiences, the weather, food, the newspaper…anything really. The important thing is to keep my heart and mind open to receive those idea before they fly off.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

At the moment I’ve written two books. My first novel, Tangi’s Teardrops, a young adult fantasy, was published in January and in April I published a contemporary romance novel, Chocolate Aftertaste. Which is my favorite? That’s a hard question to answer because the two books are so different. Chocolate Aftertaste is all from my imagination and Tangi’s Teardrops is partly made up and partly based on a true story. I enjoyed writing both and I’ll have to say that each holds a special place in my heart.

When and why did you begin writing?
I can’t tell you for sure when I started writing. I just noticed one day that I was. Writing is as important to me as breathing. Maybe I started to write when I started to read, I don’t know. It doesn’t really matter how, when, or why I started writing. I’m just happy to be doing something that I love so much.
What inspired you to write your first book?
Tangi’s Teardrops was inspired by my childhood. Tangi is actually my third first name (I know, I have way too many names on my passport). You can read about the story behind Tangi’s Teardrops here: http://bit.ly/wWAjj4
How did you come up with the titles?
Tangi’s teardrops: This title was pretty easy since I used my name and the teardrops represent my sad childhood.
Chocolate Aftertaste: The Chocolate part of the title stands for the town (a fictional town well known for producing the best chocolate in Ireland) to which Nora (my protagonist) escapes in order to find herself, and Aftertaste represents the consequences of the choices she makes while living in that town.
Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
When reading Chocolate Aftertaste I would like readers to embrace the power they have to make the choices that are right for them. Only they know what really makes them happy. You can read more about the power of making choices and the inspiration behind writing the novel here, http://bit.ly/HEaDMF
With Tangi’s Teardrops I’d like to remind readers that sometimes crying doesn’t have to be such a bad thing. It can be so freeing. For Tangi, it definitely was, in a magical kind of wayJ.
Can you share a little of your current work with us?
Yes. Chocolate Aftertaste is a story about a woman, Nora, who has a very controlling father. He makes all the important decisions in her life, even when it comes to her love life. All her life she has done her very best to live up to his expectations, sacrificing her own happiness. Until she almost makes a major mistakes and realizes it’s time to take back the control. She flees to another town looking for a new beginning and maybe love. She soon learns that starting over and falling in love brings along its own challenges. But what matters most is that she has made her own choices and is ready to enjoy the benefits of those choices and handle the consequences.
If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
No, I’ve changed a lot of things already. Right now, I’m finally happy. Chocolate Aftertaste is exactly where I want it to be.
What are your current projects?
I’m currently working on a women’s Fiction manuscript I wrote a few years ago (genre could change depending on the level of editing I’ll do).  The novel is based on a true story that shows the meaning of true friendship between two women. The novel should be available sometime in June.
Do you have any advice for other writers?
Write what you enjoy reading.
Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
Thank you for believing in me enough to open the first page of any of my novels. I appreciate your support and will work hard to create some great stories for you.
CHOCOLATE AFTERTASTE Blurb
At her pre-wedding dinner, Nora Darkin, the daughter of a wealthy entrepreneur, discovers her fiancé is not the man she thought he was. As her father hoists his glass to toast them, she makes an announcement: there will be no wedding to her father's right-hand man.

Due to the fresh rift driven between her and her father, Nora escapes to the quaint town of Dreara. Determined to live her life her own way, she makes new friends and pursues her lifelong desire of becoming a chef. Ethan Danes, a neighbour with his own broken heart, helps soothe hers.

Just as Nora discovers what it means to be happy, and she begins to fall in love with Ethan, a woman from his past re-enters his life…
Links:

Chocolate Aftertaste Book Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfnwdX3ke2I

Purchase Link:



0 comments:

Post a Comment