Follow by Email

#Author #Interview Yezall Strongheart

,

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I have always loved to write and as a child made up the most outrageous stories. It was when I entered a poem into a contest and won 1st place that I had an epiphany. That was a turning point for me as I realized others like what I write.

Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
This is amusing to me. I am always thinking about my books, past, present, and future. The people in my life know I use them for inspiration, so when I "get that look" in my eye, they know something they have said or did, or perhaps something I have seen going on across the room, has sparked my imagination. I quickly scramble for something to write with and to write on. It hits me at the craziest times.

How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
Presently I have written 7 books. To ask for a favorite is to ask which one of my children I love more. There is no answer to that. The one I am working on is always the one I give all my energy to. That only becomes a problem when I have more than one started. Then the battle begins, which one will get the attention it deserves?

What do you think makes a good story?
I think it has less to do with genre and more to do with the actual mechanics of writing. Spelling and grammar are imperative! Add those senses! Readers want to know how things feel, smell, what it looks like, sounds like, tastes like. Immerse your readers into the story and they won't be able to put the book down. And when it's over they will want more.

Tell us your latest news?
I am working on several books right now. I have a Vampire story that is getting a good start. Politics of Blood. I am also working on another Abduction Erotica, the working title is Behind the Mask. I have just released Lair of the Lycanthrope and hopefully it will be widely available soon. Right now its onBookRix and Smashwords. I have been asked about the sequel for Windswept and I will be getting back to that soon. The other one I would like to add to is Rewind - Portal of Passion as there is so much more to tell!

What inspired you to write your first book?
Before I published it was for my own enjoyment. Now it's like an actor with applause. Every time someone buys my book or gives me a review I hear hands clapping and it's addictive. The inspiration came from seeing other authors become published, and my inner muse saying, "You can do that!"

How did you come up with the title?
Any writer will tell you something's they have little control over. I am Toldperhaps by a little voice in my head (Oh yes I listen to them), or the characters in my book, what the title will be, or even how the story will progress. When you start to type you become possessed...

What was the hardest part of writing your book?
I speak for almost every writer when I say, if you self edit, that is bar none, the hardest part. I would recommend to anyone to even have a family member read it. They will see things you won't. We know what we want to say and our mind make up for what is not written. To have another pair of eyes to look over your manuscript is essential.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?
This is an excerpt from "Lair of the Lycanthrope" which is my newest release, a romance between a man cursed to live as a werewolf for 9 years and an elf:The sword I had chosen in Van’s armory was more of a weapon of defense rather than a weapon to hunt with. After a few failed attempts, I was ready to eat some fruits and nuts. No real need to build a fire but for the warmth and as a deterrent to aggressive animals was cause enough. I made a small lean-to and sat on a log near the fire. I nibbled the fruits and nuts I collected earlier, feeling quite alone. The forest was very quiet tonight, aside from the crickets and night birds. I stood and raised my nose to the south. If I breathed very deeply I could smell something familiar, this was the land I hunted. I was close enough; I would be home by mid-morning. This lifted my spirits brightened my mood. I started to softly sing an Elven song. To my left a twig snapped, I stopped singing instantly and stared into the darkness.
“Who’s there?” No answer came. I bent down and picked up my sword and put my back to the lean-to.
“Who’s there?” I shouted.
In the silence that followed a soft sound emerged. The padding of velvet paws.
“Van?”
After a few moments, Van became visible walking into the clearing.
“I was so worried! The gunshots!” I ran to his side.
“They missed and I went hungry.” He waved a hand in the air
I smiled, “You have a way of turning up without trousers…”
He raised an eyebrow, “Do you mind?”
Smiling, I put my sword back into its scabbard and scoffed.
“Oh really?” Van exclaimed as he grabbed me around the waist pulling me close.
I pushed against him, “Not here…” I giggled, then side stepped him returning to sit by the fire. “I’ll be home tomorrow.”

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?
I would make it longer. We might have a sequel brewing here. :)

What are your current projects?
I have quite a few as I mentioned above. For the first time I am trying to work on several at once. It's a daunting task. I'm not really sure wich one will be finished first.

Do you have any advice for other writers?
I think the most important thing is try to write in several genres to start out and find what comes easy for you. Get support from your family to help edit and read for content. Above all, pay attention to spelling and grammar, it's the single most thing indie writer's get a bad rap for.

Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
I would like to let them know I write for them as well as myself. I can only hope that some of the enjoyment I get from writing, will be translated into enjoyment in reading. I hope that they use the contacts that I provide to get in touch with me and let me know if they enjoyed my books, or not. Let me know what you like to read. I have had giveaways and I am coming up with some contests in the future so I hope everyone stops by my FaceBook page from time to time and checks it out!

Zylena is a girl who controls the wind but her life is hardly her own. Leaving her small village, she travels with her Element Mate to the city of Tivoltyseeking her father. The trip is...eventful. She is given into the care of dashing assassin to protect her from slavery. That's only the beginning...
The dark assassin, Rueark, steals her reluctant heart. Kaneck, her Element Mate is forever connected to Zylena by their Elements. Who will finally master her?
Come on this journey with Zylena while she learns to control her element. Know her more intimate thoughts as tries to know her true heart. Feel her fear for friends and for herself as the war draws near.

A colorful tale of romance, fantasy, and adventure; it has something for even the most discerning reader.
Links: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0075F8S70 Amazon Author page:amazon.com/author/yezallstrongheart
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Yezall FB: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yezall-Strongheart/258172497557176


0 comments:

Post a Comment